In forums that I often browse, I find that a recurring debate is whether drummers should have a duble bass drum pedal or two bass drums. Personally, I use neither. I have one bass drum with one pedal but that's another story. Anyways, I'll go ahead and list the pros and cons of both options.
- Very small and lightweight, making it easier to carry around.
- Much cheaper than a double pedal.
- Easier to use when space is an issue on stage.
- Alot easier to place your hi-hats and other pedals.
- The slave pedal wills always have lag, no matter what kind of pedal it is, even if it is hardly noticeable. Always.
- When playing at fast speeds, the other pedal can sometimes choke the drum, making your speed stop and sputter.
- If you tuning isn't up to par, then two p…
Read more >